Garmin Running Dynamics Pod
View and analyze important running metrics such as your cadence, stride length, ground contact time and balance, vertical oscillation and vertical ratio. These biomechanical measurements can help you understand your running form so you can perform better on race day.
The Garmin Running Dynamics Pod clips comfortably on any waistband.
Compatible with Garmin fenix, FR 935, FR 735XT, and FR 645/645 Music.
The Running Dynamics Pod has an accelerometer in the module that measures torso movement to calculate these 6 running metrics:
- Cadence is the number of steps per minute.
- Ground contact time balance displays the left/right balance of your ground contact time while running. It displays a percentage. For example, 53.2 with an arrow pointing left or right.
- Stride length is the length of your stride from one footfall to the next. It is measured in meters.
- Vertical oscillation is your bounce while running. It displays the vertical motion of your torso, measured in centimeters for each step.
- Vertical ratio is the ratio of vertical oscillation to stride length. It displays a percentage. A lower number typically indicates better running form.
- Ground contact time is the amount of time in each step that you spend on the ground while running. It is measured in milliseconds.